The Curated articles are guides, regularly updated by the Compose team, to the essential postings and help content available for each of the Compose databases. Here we look at MongoDB.
MongoDB has led the field of JSON document databases. It offers powerful indexing and querying, aggregation and wide driver support. As MongoDB is our most popular offering (and how we got started) we've amassed a pile of great content for you to enjoy. The following links cover new examples, basic tooling, and older projects all of which feature using MongoDB.
Getting connected to your MongoDB deployment, along with some Compose-specfic things to be aware of.
- How to handle the new MongoDB warnings
- Compose At Scale: MongoDB
- Avoid Storing Data Inside "Admin" When Using MongoDB
- Easier Java connections to MongoDB at Compose
- Connection Pooling with MongoDB
- Connecting to the Oplog on the New MongoDB
- Connecting to the New MongoDB at Compose
The Grand Tour
Code examples across multiple languages for connecting to your Compose MongoDB deployment using a simple web application.
Node-RED and MongoDB:
Popular articles on using Node-RED and MongoDB.
- 5-minute Signup Forms with Node-RED and Compose
- Authenticating Node-RED using JSONWebToken - Part 2
- Power Prototyping with MongoDB and Node-RED
Using RESTHeart and MongoDB.
- Launching RESTHeart into Production
- Building Secure Instant API's with RESTHeart and Compose
- Building Instant RESTFul API's with MongoDB and RESTHeart
This series is the MongoDB version of similar metrics in PostgreSQL.
- Mongo Metrics: Calculating the Mode
- Mongo Metrics: Finding a Happy Median
- Mongo Metrics: Calculating the Mean
Watson, Bluemix, and MongoDB:
A series about creating a chatbot leveraging services available on the Bluemix platform.
- Making of a Smart Business Chatbot - Part 2
- Making of a Smart Business Chatbot: Part 1
All the Databases:
Using GraphQL and Compose databases to combine multiple data sources (including MongoDB) in your application.
MongoDB by Example:
- Aggregations in MongoDB by Example
- Document Validation in MongoDB By Example
Using Geographic data with MongoDB; from the GeoFile series spanning multiple databases.
- GeoFile: Everything in the Radius with MongoDB Geospatial Queries
- GeoFile: Converting and importing shapefiles for Compose PostgreSQL and MongoDB
Recently on Compose:
- Visualizing Data with Jupyter Notebooks, PixieDust, and Compose MongoDB
- Push Notifications With MongoDB
- Integration Testing Against Real Databases
- Taking a Look at Robomongo and Studio 3T with Compose for MongoDB
- Compose Tips: Dates and Dating in MongoDB
- Finding Duplicate Documents in MongoDB
- Simple OAuth With MongoDB & MySQL
- Creating an AWS VPC and Secured Compose MongoDB with Terraform
- Redis and MongoDB in the Biomedical Domain
- MongoDB and Ransomware
- The Potency of Idempotent with RabbitMQ and MongoDB Upsert
- Go Serverless with Apex and Compose's MongoDB
- Mongo to Mongo Data Moves with NiFi
If you are looking for documentation for MongoDB on the Compose platform:
Or looking for the MongoDB docs:
- Deploying the Metrics Collector Microservice on Compose
- How-to: Connecting to Compose MongoDB with Java and SSL
- "3","CSV and other databases"
- Deeper into 3.2 - Aggregation
- Deeper into 3.2 - Lookup
- Deeper on 3.2 - Partial Indexes and Validation
- "1","Exporting CSV from MongoDB"
- The MongoDB Statbox
- Arrays and Replication: A MongoDB Performance Pitfall
- MongoDB With and Without Schemas
- Digdata on Implementing SQL for MongoDB
Your Article Here
Got something you feel would be a welcome addition to this collection? Why not submit your work to our Write Stuff program? Get to paid to teach our community about databases.