This Monday morning, we're kicking your week off with a brand new video from our DataLayer Conference. This week, we're hearing from Christina Keelan.
Christina Keelan was our next speaker to take the stage and tell us about her experience at RethinkDB and the state of open source company models. Christina was the community manager at RethinkDB, which was an open source company that built, you guessed it, RethinkDB. After several years of operating, RethinkDB closed last October, giving Christina some time to reflect on the way their company ran and what that says about open source companies. She continues to tell the phoenix story of Rethink, which found new life at the Linux Foundation.
Previous DataLayer 2017 talks:
- Charity Majors' presentation on observability
- Ross Kukulinski's presentation on the state of containers
- Antonio Chavez's presentation on the why he left MongoDB
- Jonas Helfer's presentation on Joins across databases with GraphQL
- Joshua Drake's presentation on PostgreSQL as the center of your data universe
- Lorna Jane Mitchell's presentation on surviving failure with RabbitMQ
- Amy Unruh's presentation on scaling out SQL databases with Spanner
- Emile Baizel's presentation on building a Fintech bot on MongoDB and Elasticsearch
Be sure to tell us what you think using hashtag #DataLayerConf and check back next Monday for the next talk at DataLayerConf.
We're in the planning stages for DataLayer 2018 right now so, if you have an idea for a talk, start fleshing that out. We'll have a CFP, followed by a blind submission review, and then select our speakers, who we'll fly to DataLayer to present. Sounds fun, right?