1. Questions; Contacting Company; Reporting Violations
2. User Consent
3. A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. A Note to Users Outside of the United States
We adhere to the United States/European Union Data Protection Safe Harbor Arrangement.
5. Types of Data We Collect
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
5.1. Information You Provide to Us
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, company name, database name and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- When you order Services on our Site, you will be directed to our credit card processor, which will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information and billing information. This information will be shared with third parties who help process your purchases. When you submit credit card numbers, the information is encrypted using industry standard technology.
- If you insert or modify information in a database, we will collect such information as part of the Services; however, we will not control or direct the use of such information and will not directly access it except as authorized by you or as necessary to provide the Services.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post comments on the Compose Blog on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
5.2. Information Collected via Technology
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, a date/time stamp for your visit and/or logs of various levels that your database processes or server and server processes generate.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
6.1. General Use
- In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
6.2. Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
7. Information Sharing and Disclosure
7.1. Third Party Service Providers
We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
7.3. Corporate Restructuring
7.4. Other Disclosures
8. Third Party Websites
9. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
9.1. Email Communications
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
9.3. Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Account by contacting us or by editing your profile via the Service. If you completely delete all of your Personal Data, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
10. Security of Your Personal Data
Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use and offer a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. We cannot be responsible for any harm that occurs if you disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, Company cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data.
Still need help?
If this doesn't answer your questions, summon a human and ask away!